Six Yankee tourists are lured into the fictional small Southern town Pleasant Valley by the redneck citizens to be the guests of honor for the centennial celebration of the day Union troops destroyed the town. The tourists are separated and forced to participate in various sick games which lead to their gory deaths. The methods employed by the festive townspeople include:
- Dismembering a woman with an axe, and thereafter roasting her in a barbecue pit;
- Staging a "horse race" in which a man is ripped limb from limb;
- Rolling a man downhill in a barrel embedded with nails;
- Crushing a woman with a boulder held aloft in a contraption resembling a carnival-style dunk tank.
- After discovering the nefarious plans of the townspeople, the two remaining tourists manage to escape. They then return with a local sheriff, only to discover that the town has disappeared. Written and directed by Herschell Gordon Lewis. Starring Connie Mason, William Kerwin and Jeffrey Allen.
WATCH FULL MOVIE